
So Im in Cajamarca, a small mountain town at 2900m in the "northern highlands". The town is essentially like Cuzco but not as good. The ruins are smaller and less impressive, the banos los Incas (where the Inca king was relaxing before his "meeting" with the Spanish) were a bit like a community swimming pool (I was hoping for luxury spa), the inca house,where the Inca king was imprisoned after his meeting, took about 30 seconds to walk round. On the bright sight I found a great Ice-cream parlour called Heladeria Hollanda, and so far Im on 5 scoops, and the night is young. Im back on the bus tonight, which will be 4 out of 5 nights on buses, and I think I will be in desperate need of a hostel tomorrow, when I will arrive in Chiclayo. I also saw 3 species of bromelaid, and my tour group thought I was a bit weird for running up a hillside to take photos of them. I also found out that swimming at 2900m is as hard as anything else at this altitude. Who knows where tomorrow will take me!
No comments:
Post a Comment