However, I had not reviewed my flight time for a while, and despite knowing the shee said 10:00, it never once crossed my mind, as I stood in a queue at the HQ of the Ministry of the Environment, that 10:00 was different from 22:00 or 10pm. I calmly went about the day, enduring the panic of having to unpack my specimens because the permits would take yet another week to complete, and finding some way to make them safe, but findable for someone else. Eventually reaching the airport, I saw 2 flights for Lima but none with AirComet. I took out my schedule to check and realised my mistake.
Anyway, this was the second time in the day when I was completely caught off guard. What do you normally do after missing a flight? My first instinct was to get a strong coffee and make use of some free wireless internet in the airport. Eventually I started to sort things out. I called the airline but the mistake being my fault they were not able to help me. I understood but felt hard done by. I have been perfectly on time for 58 previous flights, surely they could forgive me this one and let me on another flight? I returned to the airport in the morning but they were equally uncompromising! So I resigned myself to buying a new ticket. The cheapest option was to wait until Peru until the Monday 17th, flying back with Iberia. This being the case I resigned myself to staying in Peru for another 9 days. Free from work, but not really of sane mind. I chucked a few clothes and a book in my bag and Ive embarked on an abitious travel plan to see much of the north of Peru in the few days I have spere. Luckily my export permits will be ready before I fly so the one big silver lining is that I can return to the UK with my specimens!
No comments:
Post a Comment