Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Back from Wayqecha: 2 weeks in the field

I returned last night to HQ in Cuzco, to sort through my first set of data and prepare for the upcoming camping trip in the forest.Two weeks in the forest were fun, there are loads of bromeliads everywhere and I initially was wondering how I was ever going to record any data. Eventually I figured out a plan and got some good data collected (I think).The views from the fieldstation were awsome, looking down the valley into the Amazon, we could spend the day watching clouds forming in the lowlands and slowly rising up the valley until in the afternoon we were surrounded by the clouds.

Life at the Wayqecha fieldstation was very enjoyable, with meals cooked (including a boxed lunch) and hot water, life was surprisingly easy. Although electricity was only on from 5:30 to 8:30, which meant I rarely stayed up past 8:30 and would get up with the sun around 6:30.

I will post a few more stories from Wayqecha in the next few days. Now it is well past sunset and my bed time...

No comments: