Sunday, 15 June 2008

Drinking, walking


I figured I needed to do some walking yesterday to prepare for going back to the Trocha, so after work in the morning I went out of Cuzco on the 'tourist trail' to look at some of the Inca ruins. I went back to Saksaywamaan, then carried on to Qenqo and finally Puca Pucara. The first ruin is definitely the best, the others are much smaller and much less significant. Still, it was nice to be walking and the views, especially in the late afternoon were spectacular!

I also have been out for the last two nights to sample the local nightlife. Firstly it was Andrew Collins' last day, so we went and ate at Los Toldos, which does excellent chicken, then for a few beers. Then last night I met up with Sarah M from Wake Forest, a resident here for about 10 months, and I had my first Pisco sour!

Tomorrow I go back to the field - to the Trocha Union (camping in the forest), then to San Perdo (camping on a nice platform) until the end of the month so I will be out of contact again for 2 weeks or so.

No comments: