Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Rain, no sleep and work

So after a few days gathering equipment and food I am now ready to hit the forest once again. Heading off to do some camping on the Trocha Union, probably not the easiest place to start work but Im thinking its best to get the difficult bit out of the way first! Anyway, Im feeling increadibly sleep deprived because I spent last night worrying about the trip and barely slept. Really Im just hoping there is no rain, since we would not have to pay a ridiculous fee to stay in the only shelter - the house at Tres Cruces, and camping in the wet for more than 2 days becomes a complete nightmare. Also maintainance of the trail has decreased since last year so getting through to the plots will be harder. All in all this could be physically and mentally, a very challenging few days, with little on offer to help us out if things get bad. What I wouldnt give for a nice lab-based PhD!!!

No comments: