Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Wayqecha and a haircut

I finally got round to having my head shaved. I look a little bit like an alien but also I am growing a large beard to make up for it! Maybe I will post a photo when I return.

Anyway, lots of Oxford people are here now and we will be shooting round in the field bumping into each other at various locations. Im first heading to the luxurious Wayqecha field station where we will be cooked for and have nice cabins to sleep in! Then Im heading down to the lowlands to make friends with insects and warm weather again for a few days.

The trip should be a lot of fun. While in Wayqecha we will be visited by a group of artist travelling on the Cape Farewell Expedition, taking a look at the science we are doing and the plight of Peruvian rainforest in general. I hope I can feature a little in their work so if you monitor their website you might see me making a guest appearance!!! It will probably be around the 28th - 29th when our schedules overlap! Link below.

No comments: