The first destination on my journey north was Trujillo, an overnight bus and a strong coffee and I was ready for some serious sight seeing. The areas around Trjujillo about with pre-Inca ruins, form the Mocha and another culture. The sites are some of the largest in Peru. The riuns themselves are pretty much mud pyramids with painted walls, but the size and scale is impressive. We also got to see some dancing. I tried goat´s meat too, but it was not very nice. The tour finishing in the seaside town of Huanchaco, and deciding the beach was what I needed, I jumped off the bus early and checked into a hostal.
The hostal itself was remarkable, with a swimming pool, free wireless and hot showers, all for a fiver, I could not complain.
Unable to take more ruins I spent the morning learning to surf. This was the most fun I have had for some time, and after 2 hours of lesson I was quite good, but also cold and tired. Still, it was a success and I was happy to have had the exercise.
1 comment:
Jealous jealous jealous. Peru is supposed to be AMAZING for surfing. When we were there I wanted to go surfing on the last day in Lima, but the tour guide had just bought a new gun (?!) so him, Dad and John went to play with that instead of him taking me out to surf... typical.
I'm glad you enjoyed it - it really is a lot of fun, especially when you begin to consistently stand up!
Katie x
Post a Comment