So the last few days have been busy (and without internet, hence no posts) but I have managed to collect a lot of data, mostly about Bromeliad water storage capacity and temperature profiles. We also made it down the river, where after a short paddle I sat with my feet out to dry, only to discover I had created a feast for the local mosquitos! As usual for Wayqecha, we are being well fed, in the way the only Peruvians can (ie. with as many carbohydrates as possible - today we had 3 large boiled potatoes, half a ton of rice and a side of bread, with our chicken and veg!). Im also getting used to camping again, which is nice, because it means I can generally sleep for more of the night. And having run up the side of the mountain today to avoid the oncoming rain, I think Im going to sleep well again tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment