Saturday, 8 May 2010

Turtle Orchid and the Bromeliad Olympics

Today we had a fairly relaxed visit to the Esperanza research plot, and although it took two attempts from opposite sides, we finally located it and went hunting for bromeliads. This was generally uneventful, and in the afternoon we got everything ready for moving tomorrow. I have left the weather station in the tree until the last minute to get the maximum amount of data, so we will be collecting it just in advance of leaving for San Pedro.
On a previous walk I found this orchid (picture above), which to me looks a lot like some turtles on a stick. I cant find out its official name, so for now it will be the turtle orchid.

I also declared myself the official winner of the bromeliad olypics for managing to carry this hefty specimen up two flights of stairs (it was really heavy!)...

No comments: